Training Course: Digi-YOUTH-alization: Build digital competencies using social and digital media tools in 21st century youth work
Location: Bitola, North Macedonia
Dates: 17-25 November 2019
Number of participants: 25 participants
Participating countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, France, Italy, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Spain, Turkey
Organizer: European Cultural Epicenter, Bitola
Apply here: Application form
Deadline to apply: 1 October 2019
Date of selection: 15 October 2019
Inquiries about this project: firstname.lastname@example.org
Costs: Training Course is co-funded by Erasmus+:
- 100% accommodation, food and program materials are free, covered by the grant from Erasmus+
- travel costs are 100% covered up to the Erasmus+ distance calculator corresponding amounts, using the cheapest and most convenient transportation methods;
- There is no participation fee.
Training Course – Digi-YOUTH-alization: Build digital competencies using social and digital media tools in 21st century youth work
Read infopack here: Training Course – Digi-YOUTH-alization – North Macedonia – Abroadship.org
About the Project
With this project we intend to build digital competences and encourage implementing innovative practices in the digital youth work, disseminating the knowledge to volunteers and young people with fewer opportunities.
Project Goals and Objectives
- To understand what is digital competence and digital competence framework and why that is important today;
- To gain digital competences needed for employment, personal development and social inclusion and enhance their skills for using different platforms;
- To build the capacity of their organizations in reaching target groups and stakeholders, and growing membership using various social media networks and digital tools;
- To build capacity of the youth workers for further dissemination of the knowledge to the volunteers and other members of their organization;
- To provide free digital tools and resources for digital youth work and non-formal education for non-profit organizations and young people with fewer opportunities;
- To extend the use and utilization of the social media and digital media tools in youth work for communication and organizational management;
- To empower the participants with skills to use digital tools for campaigns without or with low budget;
- To raise the awareness and increase the use of social media and digital media tools in detecting and solving problems in their community using different devices and visual storytelling;
- To learn techniques and skills for writing structured media advisory content and press release to generate publicity and visibility for their work and collecting press clipping;
- To understand what is Web Accessibility and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and how to improve inclusion of people with disabilities;
- To increase the transparency and visibility of the organization and disseminate the project results to a broader audience.
Profile of Participants
Age: over 18 years. The project intend to gather youth workers and volunteers, young people who want to work or be engaged in the work of youth organizations, young people with fewer opportunities who want to build their digital competencies and employable skills of other young people.